Friday, January 30, 2009

Christmas 08







We flew to the Midwest for Christmas this year. For many of our family, it was their first time meeting Ollie. My dad picked us up at the airport and whisked us off to Lakeville where met his Aunt & Uncle, cousins and Grams. 


It was also the first time my grandpa Curt met Ollie. It was a very special moment for me. He had 1 son who died years ago in a car accident. He currently has 1 daughter, 3 granddaughter and 3 great granddaughters. Now he has a great grandson. It was touching. On Christmas day, while holding Ollie, he said with tears in his eyes, "I never thought I'd reach heaven before I died."



It was a great yet stressful trip. Ollie was in 4 different houses in three days and stayed overnight in 3 of them the first 3 days we were there. On Saturday, he had a meltdown.  He cried off and on for 6 hours that morning and then struggled that evening as well. 
 


1 comment:

  1. Hi from Grandpa Jim! It's true, left handers are creative. Maybe Ollie will grow up to be an artist or a carpenter. Love you, Ollie, Grandpa

    ReplyDelete