I had the kids do three homemade worksheets. For one, they were given a cut out of a leaf with an egg, a caterpillar, a chrysalis and a butterfly. They had to complete the life cycle by gluing the pieces in order. On the second sheet, I used our dotters (like bingo dotters) to create caterpillars. I started a pattern and the kids used the dotters to finish them. Ollie needs some work on patterns! The last sheet had half of a butterfly with a capital letter on them. They had to match the lower case letter by gluing the other half of the butterfly on.
Our next activity was a snack. I cut colored peppers, cheese sticks and carrots up. The kids used them to create a butterfly. It was a fun and delicious snack!
Our final project came from this month's family fun magazine. We traced the kids hands onto thick white paper and had them cut them out. Then, the kids used watercolors to paint them. The result was a really cool butterfly! I can't get it to leave my picture landscape. durn program!
For our final project, I wanted ollie to work on patterns. I cut out different shaped circles and we made caterpillars with different patterns. Meanwhile, Dawson glued circles to the paper and we talked about their colors.