Friday, March 27, 2009

Holy cats! He's 7 months old.


I can't believe my little bity baby is 7 months old already. I know some of you are rolling your eyes saying, "He's only 7 months old," but it has gone by so quickly. Soon he will take his first steps and say his first words. Then he'll run and jump and play. He'll be asking me to bake him cookies and take him to the park; he'll have his first day of kindergarten and his first day of college. It's hard to think that he's halfway through his first year. What a blessing he has been to me!








This morning was bittersweet. Yesterday I decided to rearrange his room. The head of his crib was placed on the wall adjacent to our bathroom. I thought that hearing Bob getting ready for work in the morning was waking him up so brilliant super mama decided to rearrange the furniture. Bedtime went as usual and he woke at 4:45 to eat. I laid him back down about 5:15 and went back to bed. Seemed like a typical day, right? WRONG! Next thing I knew he was crying. I left him to see if he'd put himself to sleep but soon he was screaming bloody murder. I went in and soothed him back to sleep. I went back to bed. Again, I woke to screaming baby. I waited. I went in and picked him up. He instantly fell back asleep. I rocked him until he stopped sniffling and laid him back down. A few minutes later, you guess it, he was howling. This time I got him and sat down in the glider. I was in it for the long haul. Eventually we ended up in my bed. It was so sweet. He cuddled into me and we went to sleep. Ahh. I love being a mom.

One thing Ollie has started to do is to stand up and hold on to things. I took a few pictures of him. He tries to pull up but if he's flat bottomed he can't so I give him a boost. He is super cute and gnaws on whatever is near.


No comments:

Post a Comment