Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Wedding!


It has been forever since I last posted. Three kids is marvelously wonderful but very, very busy and sometimes (for my sanity) I have to put less important things on the back burner. 2012 has been a big year for the Gray family. Two babies were born--Nora and my niece Jocelyn. We also had a wedding. Jason Gray (bob's brother) made Amber his wife on December 1st. 
They had a small but beautiful ceremony at my Mother-in-Laws house in Polk city. I volunteered to do the food. It was less than 20 people (including kids) so how much work could this be, right? Haha. Let's start with November 20th, the day before the wedding. We got up much as usually and I brought my kids to a friend's house while I ran to the store quick for a few last minute items. When I got back, she invited Ollie to stay there while i went home to cook. Another friend was coming at 11:30 to help me cook. We got home and I got to work. Tara showed up with her son Micah. The boys played while we cooked. 

I made creamy chicken and rice soup and broccoli cheese soup. I had already made chili and it was in the freezer. While the soup was cooking, I got a phone call from my dear friend who had Ollie. She was crying saying that her dog had hurt him. I really wasn't following so when she offered to bring him home, I said sure. Ollie showed up and I realized it was more serious. He had been bit near his eye. Luckily, it was small dog and he had missed the eye. Her husband and I got back in the car and drove to the ER where my hubs met us. I then left him there and drove back to my house where Dawson, Micah and Tara were. I anxiously waited to hear about Ollie. He is fine and it healed nicely. 
We get back to cheesecakes and such. Then I find out my sister is back in the hospital after a surgery she had a few days prior. Talk about an emotional rollercoaster! After some IV fluids, she, too, was fine and sent home. 

Ok. Back to focusing. We cut and arranged things for sandwiches--three kinds of meats- turkey, ham and roast beef--four cheeses- pepper jack, munster, colby jack and cheddar--for kinds of breads- buns, vienna, 7 grain and marbled rye. I also did a condiment tray and picked up three kinds of Mayo-garlic herb, hot and spicy and regular. I really wasn't thrilled with the flavored mayo. If you wish for some, I recommend making your own. They tasted very "preservativey." 

For the mini cheesecakes, we cut up fresh strawberry, mango and kiwi. I also bought whipped cream, cherries, strawberry and chocolate syrup. 

 I was so pleased with the happy couple's reaction. They loved it! I was so worried that my meal would not be fancy enough but they were so appreciative. I wish them all the joy in the world.

Jason and Amber

 Baby Jocelyn


Kaleb



 

No comments:

Post a Comment