Friday, April 24, 2009

Miracles

I'm sure many of you have noticed my praying for Stellan & Jonah buttons on the sidebar of my blog. I've been following these two babies for a month or so now. It's heartbreaking! I'm currently holding my healthy 8 month old little boy & realizing what an amazing blessing he is. It's hard to understand why God allows such suffering & heartbreak. I guess we're not supposed to. A few years ago a song came out by Natalie Grant. The chorus went:

This is what it means to be held,
How it feels
when the sacred is torn from our lives & we survive
This is what it means to be loved & to know that when everything fell we'd be held.

God never promises he'll spare us from suffering & heartbreak. He promises his grace is enough & that he'll be right there with us when we suffer. It's a hard thing to swallow. We want God to bend to what we ask in prayer but he's bigger than that. As Shadrach, Meshach & Abedego stated moments before they were thrown into the furnance, Our God is big enough to save us but even if He chooses not to, He's still worthy. I just pray that if I ever have to be stripped of everything that I'll have the faith to realize that my God is enough. Hes given me grace & that is enough.

Please pray for Stellan & Jonah as well as baby rayne (www.caringbridge.com/visit/babyrayne).
God's still in the business of miracles & I'm hoping for three very specific ones!



-- Post From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment