Sunday, July 26, 2009

Traveling

On Thursday, July 23, Ollie & I set out quite early. Bob loaded the car & we were on the road by 6:15. I had to wake Ollie up.


We arrived at the airport & got through security in record time. RDU now has a family lane. People were still rude as ever though. They stood and watched me try to put my stroller on the belt with my 24lb kid on my hip. The security lady just continued to tell me I was doing it wrong without giving further instruction or help. Finally a man a couple people behind me, helped. Thank goodness!


The flight was uneventful & Ollie did a great job. He played, snacked & slept. We were greeted by the baggage claim by my dad & niece, Isabella. We ate lunch & ran a ton of errands.



On the way home, we stopped at the college to see mom doing her capstone for her Master's degree. Ollie had fun running around & even made a new friend, Jack. Jack did not, however, appreciate the sloppy kiss Ollie planted on him!


The ride home about killed us. Ollie had had it! He screamed for an hour straight. We are nit talking a little fussing. We are talking all out traffic stopping, siren screeching wails. It was awful!


-- Post From My iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh - that's what stinks about planes. You are in such a tight/cramped area and there's really nothing you can do!

    I've experienced similar situations with people not helping when I have her in my arms and trying to put the stroller in the car or something. People are so rude!

    ReplyDelete