Friday, September 11, 2009

3 days, 3 new recipes

It could be that I just watched Julie & Julia or that I'm completely bored with my old recipes but I've cooked all kinds of new things this week. I know I typically only write rocking entries about my wildly fun & famous son but tonight I want to give you 3 new recipes I've tried this week; all of them were awesome! Please note that I honestly don't measure a thing so these are guesstimates.


Julianne's Fabulous Fajitas
Marinade

1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup + olive oil- just a smudge more than lime juice
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
1 large fresh garlic clove
1/4 t ground cloves
1 t seasoning salt
1/2 t brown sugar

Fixings

1 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 green pepper sliced
1 red pepper sliced
1/2 large onion sliced

Mix the marinade. place the chicken in a bowl or ziploc bag. In a separate bag, place your veggies. Cover with marinade. Refridgerate for at least 2 hours

Grill the chicken breasts for approximately 20 minutes. Place veggies in tin foil & grill for approximately 10 minutes. Cut the chicken and mix with the veggies.

Serve with flour tortillas, shredded cheese, blackbeans & salsa.
(I got this recipe from Julianne Stewart.)

Day 2- French Dip
I greatly modified a recipe I got from allrecipes.com. It called for a roast, didn't have one. It called for a slow cooker, mine was at church....you get the idea!

2 NY strip steaks
1/4 c low sodium soy sauce
1/4 c soy sauce
5 peppercorns
2 large garlic cloves
1 beef boulion cube
1 t chopped fresh Rosemary
1 t Thyme

Mix above ingredients together & pour over your steak. Add water until it completely covers your meat. Bake at 250* for 3 hours.

I made garlic bread to put the meat on & sauted onions in butter with Johnny's seasoning salt. I also melted a bit of cheese on these. It was yummilicious!

Day 3- Pork Chops in Pear sauce

This could be better so I am giving you the way I will make it next time.

2 or more boneless pork lion chops
1 T olive oil
1/4 cup flour
1/4 c salted butter
1 Bosc pear- chopped
1/2 yellow onion
1 large garlic clove
2 tsp Thyme
1 tsp clove
1 T brown sugar

Sauce:
Melt butter in sauce pan. Stir in onion & garlic. Cook until onion is translucent. Add pear, thyme & clove. Reduce heat & cover.

Chops:
In a frying pan, add olive oil & heat to medium/high heat. Rinse pork chops. Salt & pepper. Dip into flour & place in pan. Brown both sides. Pour pear mixture over the chops. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook 35 minutes. Add brown sugar. Stir. Cook 5 more minutes.

There you have it! 3 new recipes! I actually made something new tonight as well. Maybe I'll add it later. Enjoy!










-- Post From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment