Sunday, October 18, 2009

Pumpkin Chunkin'

Ollie and I went to our very first Pumpkin Chunkin'. It was really fun. For those of you who have never been to one, it simply must be added to your list of things I must do before I die. It looked much like any other fall gathering, a warm campfire, hot dogs, s'mores, and chili, people in warm clothes carving pumpkins. The only different were the two enormous catapults over in the clearing. Yes! This has Autumn written all over it. They took pumpkins and launched them using the catapults! They smashed into the ground and pumpkin chunks flew everywhere, duh, pumpkin chunkin'! I thought it was awesome; Ollie was horrifies that anyone could do such a thing to the beautiful orange ball-like things he loves so much. He pointed, looked at me with a mortified look and cried. Poor kid. So we left the area, and ate s'mores instead. He liked thosemuch better.

1 comment:

  1. Pumpin Chunking looks like so much fun! I love Oliver's reaction too.

    ReplyDelete