Thursday, October 1, 2009

What a great day!

Ollie and I had a fantastic day. We started out with a super cuddly nursing session and then Ollie played while I made breakfast. After breakfast, we went out to walk Lyle and Gertie. Ollie loves walks. He babbles and points as we walk. He especially loves to stop and spell the signs.

When we returned, we spent time outside. Ollie has mastered the art of squashing bugs. I'm not sure where he learned that because I actually feel sorry for them so I make Bob do it. He saw a strange looking bug and stomped it several times. Then, he found a very large fire ant hill. He decided to stomp that, too. Now I can take responsibility for that one. I used to poke them with sticks so he could see the movement. Oops!

Next, we went inside and played with Ollie's musical instruments. He loves the clapper. One of his new talents is hiding. After he had removed all the instruments from the crate he used the crate to hide in. Pretty cute, huh?

At 10, we headed out the door to our first time at Toddler Storytime at our local library. It was really fun! Mrs. Angela talked about farm animals. We read stories, sang songs and did finger plays.

Ollie fell asleep on the way home so he slept through lunch with his daddy. It was nice for Bob and I to have time to visit without a screaming, food flinging baby though! Ollie slept for 2 hours; he ate lunch and we played!

Later in the afternoon, we met Connor and his mom at the park. After feeding the ducks, swinging, playing on the equipment and walking around the pond, it was time to head home. We made dinner and ate with Bob. It was soon time for bedtime. It really was a fun day. I hope tomorrow is just as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment