Saturday, January 16, 2010

Goals for the New Year

Yes, I am slightly behind but better late than never. I made a few goals for this coming year. Here they are:

1. Do my quiet time every day!
I am currently reading the book, "Crazy Love" and reading the scriptures along with it. This book is really incredible and I'm only on chapter 5.

2. Follow the grocery budget 9 out of 12 months (We shall see!)

3. Be sure to do my 7 things for a company ready house at least 5 out of 7 days a week.

4. Clip my coupons each week

5. Try two new recipes a month
I tried two this week. One of which was my own concoction and I have to say it was very good. Here's the pic and recipe


Chicken stuffed with Feta, Tomatoes and Basil

2 Chicken breasts
1 Roma Tomato
1/8 cup Feta Cheese
2 tsp chopped fresh basil
1 thick slice of Yellow Onion
1 garlic clove
1/2 cup of flour
3/4 cup toasted bread crumbs
1 egg
1 T Olive Oil
1 tsp Italian seasoning

First, using your food processor, chop 3 slices of bread. Spread the crumbs into a cake pan and spray with Olive Oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Bake at 350 for approximately 10 minutes. Be sure to check them and stir a few times. (If you don't want to take the time, I am sure you can buy the bread crumbs and use those although they aren't as good:-))

Meanwhile, trim your Chicken breasts and pound them flat. At this point I got out my little hand held food processor. You can mix the ingredients by hand just be sure to chop the onion finely and use your garlic press for the garlic. If using your food processor, just throw in your onion, garlic, and basil. Turn on the processor and mix until chopped. Next add your tomato (in halves), and the feta. Again blend until completely mixed. Divide the mixture and put half in the center of each breast. Fold in the sides, and roll the chicken around the mixture. Wrap the chicken in saran and place in the freezer for about twenty minutes.

Once the chicken has been chilled. Dip the chicken into flour, then the beaten egg and then the bread crumbs. Place in a baking pan and place in a 350 oven for 40 minutes.


2 comments:

  1. YAY! We have a lot of the same goals! My Bible study group just started Crazy Love at our last meeting. You should check out www.southernsavers.com and www.thethriftydivas.com for deals on coupons!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks really good!! yum.

    ReplyDelete