Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Activities about I

So we spent the last couple weeks talking about I. We started with the homemade ice cream which was by far this pregnant lady's favorite activity. The next activity was also fun though. I took two identical plastic cups and a paper I. I placed the paper inside one of the cups and then slid them around on the floor. Ollie then tried to guess which cup the I was under. He had a good time lifting the cups and peering inside and I had fun watching his little mind work!

I got a little creative with a potato. I made a stamp of the letter I. Ollie spent time stamping the letter I. It doesn't often look like an I but oh well that what happens when you rub the stamp all over the paper!

We also spent one of our hot days creating an igloo. Ollie seems to especially love the glue stick. He really loves to put it in his hair. I'm not sure why but the kid is obsessed with the glue stick and all its sticky wonder.

Mr. I didn't quite turn out as I envisioned. I pictured this cute "I" with a hat on his head, straight eyes and a smile. Here's what I got instead...

but Ollie used the glue stick so he was thrilled.


Another game we played was in and out. Ollie sat inside his toy box (which he had dumped the toys out of) and I placed all 8 million of his balls inside of it. He spent time throwing them out and I put them back in again. He really loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment