Wednesday, November 17, 2010

They grow a little too fast

Last night, I did my nightly ritual of checking on my Ollie bear before bed. I noticed he didn't have sleep dog, only a slew of other stuffed animals. I went to get sleep dog and brought it back to his room so he'd have it if he woke up in the night. On my way, I started thinking about how one day he won't want sleep dog anymore. One day I won't get to hold him. One day he'll leave home and I'll be left with only sleep dog to remind me of what a wonderfully sweet little boy I have. I love him so much. Even though my days are tough sometimes, I don't want either of my babies to grow up and leave me. I want to hug them, hold them and play with them forever. I praise God every day for them. They are truly a gift.


No comments:

Post a Comment