Tuesday, December 21, 2010

E is EXCITING!

I am a little behind here. We recently (not sure I should say recently) did the letter E. We started by doing our standard E stickers on a construction paper E. Not very exciting.

Next, I came up with what I thought was a clever idea! Shocking I know. Anywho, I found one of Bob's gray socks. Ollie stuffed it with some leftover batting from a craft project. I took three paper plates, one was left hole and two I cut into elephant ears. Next, I had ollie paint them gray. When it dried, we stapled on the ears and I cut an x in the center of face where we stuffed the sock for the ears. I then drew on a face. Absolutely adorable!

Finally, I saved 3 egg shells. I washed them thoroughly with soapy water. I had Ollie put glue on the page. Then, one at a time I put the egg shells down and let him smash them with his hand. This was great fun for my two year old. When it dried, he painted it. It turned out really cool. I enjoy helping him create 2-dimensional art with different mediums! Even my former art teacher hubby was impressed!


No comments:

Post a Comment