Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Summertime and the living is easy

I don't know why but I always have song lyrics in mind when I name posts so forgive that! I really love summer. It is definitely my absolute favorite time of year even if I am pregnant every other year. Yesterday, I was outside in the sandbox with Ollie thinking about how nice it is to be comfortable in shorts and a t-shirt. I have bundling up and still freezing my heiney off during the winter. It is unpleasant indeed.

Another thing I love about summer is the reckless abandon that comes to our schedule. I get so tired of "on this day we have this and that on that..." and so on and so forth. I like just doing what we feel like. Some mornings that means we play around here before going to the pool. Some mornings we have an impromptu playdate. Some mornings we walk to the park. Most evenings my kids are up later than usual and most mornings they sleep in. It's relaxed. It's fun. It's about living in the moment and just being kids.

I'm a huge fan of Popsicles and ice cream, of grilling out and fruit salad. And those things are abundant in the summer. I love summer rain storms and splashing in mud puddles. I love the park, the pool, the zoo. I love walks and visiting with the neighbors. I love the shrieks you here outside late at night from children still out playing.




So there you have it. A peek into my brain and why I love summer. Being a stay at home mom is marvelous especially in the summer!






No comments:

Post a Comment