Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Thirty-One and tons of fun!

So after 9 years of being away from "home" on my birthday, I finally celebrated one with my family. I remember being a small child and having the grandpas and grandmas over for a birthday celebration. I also got a huge jar of pickles and my Nana always made a lemon cake with lemon frosting and those little crunchy decorative candies on top. I always got so excited to open presents and be the center of attention. It's funny how much birthdays change. At 31, pregnant with my third child, I honestly get more excited for my children's birthdays than my own. Nonetheless, being with my family was absolutely wonderful.

We spent the day in Lakefield at my sister's house. Lilah was feeling so good and it brought us much joy to see her and Ollie play together all day long. The day began with Bella's first swim meet of the season. Which, she did fabulously well. Unfortunately, it was cold and rainy. I being the unprepared mother that I am, did not bring coats for my children. Lucky for me, my kids are not picky and Ollie never objected to the purple coat that said, "genuine girl." Haha. Poor kid but at least he was warm.


Lakefield likes to have their summer celebration on my birthday. Such a honor;-) We were able to see a car show and a parade. Very fun. We spent the evening outside enjoying the best burgers and sides. Just sitting around with such wonderful people was a huge blessing. The older I get, the more I appreciate my family. I am so thankful we have moved closer and can spend time with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment