Thursday, September 27, 2012

To the One Who Showed Me Love is Indeed Multiplied

Dearest Dawson,
When I was pregnant with you I was afraid I wouldn't have enough love for both you & your brother. But the very minute you were born, I discovered that I did have enough.  My love was not divided, it was multiplied & I was filled with joy. 

Shortly after you were born,  you began to struggle to breathe & they ton you away from me.  I was devastated. I felt like my heart had been ripped out of my chest.  It was three days before I was allowed to hold you again.  When they finally let me, I cried & cried.  I couldn't wait to be able to hold you whenever I wanted &; nurse you.  I sat with you add much as I could.  I read the Wind in the Willows to you. 

Seventeen days after you were born,  you finally came home.  It was an amazing day. You are such a blessing to us.  You've given Ollie a brother & a best friend. 

I love you very much. I love your smile. I live the rhythm to the way you speak. I love the way you gallop around with your arms flapping when you dance. I love the way you say , "I miss you," when you really mean I love you. I love your sweetness. I'm so glad God allowed me to be your mom. You are amazing. I pray that one day you will grow up to be a godly man. I pray you will use your "strong will" & determination to advance His kingdom. I pray you find the peace & joy only available through Him.




 Happy 2nd birthday my love!

 Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment