Saturday, September 1, 2012

Blessed to be Five!

What a blessing! My little girl, Elenora Jade is here. She is beautiful and perfect and the Lord has answered the desires of my heart. After some inkling that my labor would start last night, I invited my sister, Jade,  to come be in the delivery room. I can't tell you how much that woman means to me. She is an unbelievable blessing in my life. And it was even more incredible because we had chosen her name as Elenora's middle name although Jade did not know that yet. We keep the name secret until the end and it was even several minutes after Nora was born before Jade knew this.

I could tell Jade was amazed watching the birth. After Nora was placed on my chest Bob and I prayed over her and told her what her name was. Then we told my sister. I love the look on her face and the tears. It was such a great moment. Originally, we had planned to name our girl Elenora Anslie but my sister and I have grown increasingly close over the past several months and I have been awed by her strength and courage after the diagnosis of her youngest daughter with leukemia. I really wanted to honor her and I am so glad I could.

The Lord blessed me in so many ways. Both of my other babies were early and Dawson spent 16 days in the NICU. I was scared that would happen again. Instead, I stayed pregnant to 39 weeks 4 days. It was very difficult and I was antsy but it was a blessing. I also was worried because I was group B strep positive and you must have antibiotics for at least 4 hours to protect the baby. I got 11 hours. I was scared she would be too big. She was my easiest to push out. My boys got to come to the hospital to meet her. I never got that last time. I'm so thankful for a loving God who cares for us! 











2 comments:

  1. Beautiful baby, beautiful story, beautiful God! Congratulations!
    -Crowe Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful family!!! And what a beautiful baby girl! We love the name Elenora Jade! Uncle Skeeter and I sent all our love to you both and your family of 5!

    ReplyDelete