Monday, August 27, 2012

To the one who made me a mom


Today is a very special day. It is the day, 4 years ago,  that I became a mother for the very first time. That day changes you utterly and completely. You gain a while new perspective on pretty much everything. You worry about things you didn't before. You have joy and a depth of love you couldn't imagine.  Today is my son's 4th birthday. I've had 4 wonderful years being his mother.


To the One who Made me a Mom~

Ollie,

 The day you were born was truly an amazing day. We had no idea if you would be a boy or a girl but we knew we would love you. We just never imagined the strength of that love. The moment you came out, your dad began yelling, "It's a boy! It's a boy!" You should have seen the look on his face. I had never seen him smile like that. They laid you on my chest and I looked at your sweet face. It took my breath away. Just a tiny little baby. My heart could have exploded. The funny thing about that is the love I have for you grows every single day and I love you so much more now. I didn't think that was possible. When we took you home, we had no idea what was ahead. The last four years have definitely been a journey and you have taught us so much!

You are such a smart little boy. You amaze us a regular basis with your knowledge of animals and dinosaurs, with your logic and ability to compare and draw conclusions. I love your heart. You have become so compassionate. I love how you told Dawson he could open one of your birthday presents. I love how you help Dawson up when he falls and how you offer him things to help him feel better. It brings me joy to watch you throw your head back and laugh. I love watching you do your silly dance moves with that ridiculous face you make. You've grown and changed so much. I am loving watching that growth.

I thank God for you every day my dear. I pray that you come to know him as your Lord and Savior for there is no greater desire I have for you. I know a lot of parents say that want their kids to be happy. I'm not so worried about your happiness my dear as I am your holiness. Sure happiness is great but it is fleeting. It is a passing feeling. More than that I want you to find joy. I want you to see that people do not make you happy, things do not make you happy and that everything in this life is temporary. It will not be here forever but the Lord will.

I hope one day you too become a parent. It changes your whole perspective on life. You realize that you would give up absolutely anything for your kids. Keep growing my sweet child. I don't want you to grow too fast but I'm also excited to see who you become. May the Lord give me the strength and wisdom to raise you to be a man of integrity who loves and serves Him.

Love,
Your Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment