Thursday, August 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Oliver!



So one year ago today, just about at this very moment, my little man was born. It was such an awesome experience. The day before, I had a doctor's appointment, where my doctor told me it could be two more weeks. That evening, we had our last birthing class. When we headed to bed around 11, we had high hopes that he would be born soon. At 3:47 am, I woke up because my water broke. I didn't know what to do. I called my doctor who said I could just wait until 8 to come in. (haha!-I starting pushing at 8.) Fifteen minutes later when the toe curling, hair spiking contractions started, we got it together and headed to the hospital. we arrived around 6 am.
My nurse told me to just settle down. She was a large woman and scared me half to death. I
was thankful when the shift changed the next hour. The labor went fast and hard. By 8 am, I was pushing. About 45 minutes in, when I thought I couldn't push anymore, my charming husband told me not to worry say, "You've already pushed for 45 minutes. Look at it this way, you won't push for another 45." Evidentally, something inside me must not do what people say. So instead, I pushed for a little over 2 more hours! Urgh!
But at 10:51, I pushed for the last time. As I felt him come out, Bob was talking to me. I said, "What is it?"



Bob looked down, got they most amazing, ecstatic look on his face and yelled, "It's a boy! It's a boy!" as he hit me on the arm. The doctor handed him to me. Bob gently whispered Ollie's name into his ear and said a prayer. It was truly a remarkable moment.
I thank God for my son every single day. It is amazing that the Lord trusts us with such a marvelous creation. He really does make everything glorious.





I thank you Father for the gift of life you granted us one year ago. He is an amazing little boy who brings us so much joy. Please bless him Lord. Raise him up to love you and serve all the days of his life. Please grant us wisdom and grace as we attempt to raise him up to be the man of God you desire him to be. We love you Lord!
Amen


Okay, so just a bit more to add. Here is a picture when he came home from the hospital, one at 6 months
and one today. LOL!

3 comments:

  1. happy birthday ollie!! i can't believe that you are one already!! i've barely seen you! ;) i hope that you have a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 1st Birthday, Ollie!!!! Isn't is wonderful to reminisce about how they arrived and how much they have grown in the past year? It is amazing!!!

    Celebrating with you, Autumn!

    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh! I love the car seat pictures! It is too funny how he looks like he is climbing out of his infant seat now! Happy Birthday Ollie! You have one awesome Mama and Daddy!

    ReplyDelete