Saturday, May 21, 2011

I'm a blogging delinquent...& the letter T.



So I spent the last week at my parents house. This caused me to become a blogging delinquent. They live in the dark ages and do not have WIFI. I know, right? Who doesn't have WIFI?
Anyway, I didn't bother bringing my laptop and so although I could get on the internet. I believe they have DSL now versus the dial-up of a few years ago. However, I didn't have my pictures! Urgh. So here is T.

T started by collecting a couple of perfect twigs. Our twigs later were placed into the glue on a
sheet of cardstock to create the letter T. Ollie later tried to rip the twigs off of the paper so he could do what all boys love to do and whack everything in sight. I, being the craft lover that I am,
saved the T. whew!

We also made a T-rex out of a watermelon. Well Bob made it because it is quite obviously too tough for a 2 year old. Begrudgingly, he did it after much, "you are the best hubby ever"
compliments.

Using a bowl, construction paper and some paint, Ollie created a really cute turtle! I love it. And we most definitely love painting. He painted the bowl first while I cut out legs and a head for the turtle. After it dried, he glued on the limbs and head.


We also took a trip to the zoo and saw Tortoises. Ollie was fascinated. They are so huge and move so slow!
I almost forgot! We created a terrarium. The hardest part of this project w
as finding a two liter bottle since we don't drink pop. Luckily, my MIL brought pop over for our dinner after Dawson's dedication! Whew. Ollie really likes digging in the dirt so filling the bottom with rocks and dirt was fun, fun, fun! Rather than go buy a plant, I just used one I already had and replanted it.

1 comment:

  1. That t-Rex is awesome! Sound like you were plenty busy even without the wi fi :)

    ReplyDelete