Sunday, May 22, 2011

U make me feel...

I am running out of super fun names for these letters. U was actually really, really fun. I always think vowels are intimidating. Like somehow there are less fun words that start with vowels. I don't know.

U began with Ollie making adorable little umbrellas out of baking cups and colored pipe cleaners. We folded them and glued them
onto construction paper. Ollie's favorite color is yellow. So the first baking cup he picked was yellow. Love that boy.

Next, we made urchins. I was shocked at how much fun Ollie had with this. I made yellow play dough before Ollie got up. When we started, I rolled two play dough balls and gave Ollie a bunch of toothpicks. Sticking them in was plenty fun however they soon began to fight each other.
(sigh) Boys!

We also created a Ukulele (well sort of). We used a shoe box and some rubber bands. It did not turn out quite like I hoped. Ollie loved it and enjoyed plucking the stings. It didn't hold up though. The rubber bands were a bit too tight and the box not so strong so
it soon collapsed.

Our final project was the best. Ollie decorated UNDERWEAR! HA! I gave him a pair of whitey tighties and some permanent markers. Together we wrote his name and then he colored. So fun!


1 comment:

  1. I wish I was half this creative. You should really think about a book or something with all these projects in it.

    ReplyDelete