Friday, May 6, 2011

Yessss I am behind again!


So as usual I am behind. I haven't even blogged about our Easter party yet. Maybe if I had an iPhone, I'd be faster. Hint, hint Bob. Well, since he reads the blog about once a quarter, I may or may not have an iPhone answer say July. Anywho, S was a blast as always. It is so fun to spend time learning letters with my little guy. I do some learning activities with Dawson too just nothing that seems as formal. I'll try to post about some
of those later.

We started the week with string painting. We simply dipped pieces of
yarn into paint and drug them over paper. Ollie liked this. He does not, however; really like paint on his hands. When dipping yarn into paint, you
can guess there will be paint on those little fingers! Once the paint
dried, I cut an S out of the paper
.

Snakes and snails were on our lunch menu. I found both of these
ideas on familyfun.go.com. The snake is made of cucumbers and pieces of carrot. I made the snake out of a quesadilla and a pickle. So fun! Ollie loves quesadilla. He calls tortillas "tacos." Anyway, super cute ideas!

I also found this next idea at familyfun. It is a scavenger hunt and was perfect for a toddler. I took an egg carton and cut it in half
(leaving the lid on) so that it had 6 slots. Then I painted each one a different color. Since I had been in the yard recently, I knew which colors would be easiest to find. I chose purple, yellow, brown, green, white and pink. Ollie really loved this activity. Even after we finished, he continued to find things that fit in our categories while at the park the next day!

A perfect spring craft was our sunflower. I have seen these done before. I cannot tell you where but I pulled the idea out of the catalog of ideas I have in my head. Ollie first painted a paper plate yellow. I really think the cheap white ones work best for this. While the glue was still wet, he dumped sunflower seeds in the middle. After the sunflower dried, he glued on the stem. Ollie really enjoyed eating the sunflower seeds, shell and all. yuck!

Our final project was another snack that I also pulled from familyfun. I changed it however. There recipe called for pound cake, frosting and
shredded coconut. I used bananas, rice krispies and strawberries. So mine is slightly healthier. Both recipes call for fruit leather. I also used raisins and fruit snacks. What did I make? SUSHI! It is too cute, huh?

Our verse this week was, "This is my son whom I love, with him I am well pleased." Ollie continues to wow me with his ability to memorize. Such a smart boy. Anyway, I hope those of you with children are enjoying playing with them and watching them grow!



2 comments:

  1. "S"uper! But I have to say I thought Bob's old shirt was a classic paint smock, the apron is cute though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! the sushi is way cute!

    ReplyDelete