Friday, July 1, 2011

Y, we are almost there!

Summer has officially arrived and we are loving our laid back days and the park and pool. For those not living in the Des Moines area let me tell you that it is an awesome place to raise kids. There are tons of parks and there are many free splash pads (kiddie pools) that have lifeguard. We go at least 3 times a week. We also have an art center, science center, zoo and a cool place called living history farms. But unlike most big cities, we dont have much traffic. We are doing less activities and I'm ok with that. I want to be outside as much as possible. Ollie's new favorite thing to do is lift rocks and check out the bugs. Then he bombards me with a myriad of questions-- "What's that? What's it do? What does it eat? Why?" Oh my sweet boy, I don't know. Ask your Bopa!

Dawson loves the pool. He sits and holds his ball and splashes his little hands. He is all smiles as the pool. He constantly dips his face in and laughs. I am loving it!

As for Y, we made a yellow Y, painted with yarn and checked out the length of a yard.







No comments:

Post a Comment