Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Little Bit of Messiness Goes a Looong Way!


We haven't done much for formal learning but we have had some good messy fun. Today, I cooked some spaghetti and threw it in the baby pool. Hearing the squeals of my kids made peeling it off the walls later oh so worth it. The funniest was watching Dawson flinch and shake his head every time some spaghetti worked its way up there. Ollie played in it for much longer. He really thought this way cool. I had to tell him sixteen times not to eat it. I just brought the baby pool in from outside. It wasn't exactly sanitary. It took every fiber of my being not to jump in their with the kids but there just wasn't room.





So in addition to playing in spaghetti, we have also played in flour. This is not our first flour experience. You can look here to check out our last time. Both boys really enjoyed this. And for Dawson, this is his first experience with such an interesting texture. I never
worry too much about it being ALL over my house. What's a little flour on carpet when your boys get to feel it between their toes?


I really cherish the time I have with my two boys. I love to allow them to be kids and I love to relive being a kid right along with them. I find that when I just let go and experience childhood my days fly by. I really love being home. All I have ever wanted to do (besides teach) was have kids and be home with them! I do not look forward to my boys growing up and moving out.

Come on, make my day!


Ollie's flour angel

Ooooo

1 comment: