Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A little of this and a little of that


We have been so busy this summer but intermittently we have time for a bit of "organized fun." Both boys get a chance to learn and explore at their own level. While Ollie pretends to sort through his tooth collection at the park (dinosaur teeth- he got that from dinosaur train), Dawson practices his motor skills by climbing the stairs and going down the slide. While at the pool, Ollie "dives" in while Dawson crawls around after his ball. I love each stage these two go through. It is amazing to see their brains work!

So while Ollie paints with my salad spinner (idea from play at home mom)


Dawson paints with baby food!


So I have discovered that an egg carton has about 900 uses. Our most recent activity was a counting one. I cut it in half and wrote numbers 1-6 on the bottom of each one. I gave him a pile of cheerios and we counted and put the right amount into each area. It was fun! I love egg cartons!

One of my other favorite "trash" is boxes. Once again, one item about 900 uses. Recently, Dawson got his new car seat. It came in a big box. The box became many things- a cave, a boat, a house...in the end we cut a door and window and it became a house. Ollie soon decided it would be fun to poke it and make it his "porky house." I had to hide all pens. Eventually, he did it in. The "porky house" is no more.


Oh and I also love laundry baskets...


1 comment:

  1. I love how creative you are with teaching your children! How blessed are they to have you as their mommy!

    ReplyDelete