Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday Dawson!



Happy Birthday Dawson! My littlest love turned one today! I cannot believe a whole year has
gone by. He went from unable to breathe without a machine to practically running! He went from fragile and thin to...well...um...I think you can see how healthy he is. He has a remarkable smile and an amazing personality. He already can be quite defiant. The little stinker!



On the 26th of September 2010, I went to bed the mother of one. I was quite certain that something was up and was cramping throughout the night. My Mother-in-Law came to get Ollie in the morning just in case but I sent
Bob to work. Come 10 am, I decided that I might actually be in labor. I
called the midwives and see suggested I come in so they could check me.
On the way there my contractions began to pick up
and I was certain this was it. I honestly could have pegged the 27th of September the day I found out my due date. My due date with Ollie was September 18 and he was born at 36 weeks 6 days on the 27th of August. Dawson was due on October 19. September 27th would put me at 36 weeks 6 days. After being checked, they sent me to the hospital. Bob was already with me in case you are wondering.

The labor was tough. I don't remember Ollie's being as difficult. I did not get any pain meds or an epidural with either birth. I always joke that there are people who can't and those who shouldn't.
Maybe I should be in the shouldn't group! At about 2:30 (only 3 1/2 hours after arriving at the hospital) I was at an 8. My midwife asked to break my water. Part of me wishes I had said no. I was strep B positive and from the start to finish of round 1 of antibiotics needed to be 4 hours;
I didn't make it! The labor then got really terrible. I think if the window had been open, I may have jumped out. Bob quite literally took a beating. All the while, I was being told that I would soon know if our baby was a boy or a girl and then he/she would be in my arms.


Right around 3:30, Dawson made his grand appearance. He was placed on my chest and I was ecstatic. Little did I know that within 30 minutes, he would be whisked away, and I would be left alone to cry while staring out the window.

Later, little things would set me off. Ollie pushing on my belly and saying there was a baby in there, seeing other little kids walking into the hospital rooms to meet their new brothers or sisters, new babies out in the
grocery store. I remember wanting to tell people that I am not fat! I just had a baby. I HAVE TWO BABIES I wanted to yell. I couldn't tell you about the weather then or what was happening in the world. I don't know if there was food at my house. I don't know if Ollie did anything new. But I can tell you that my Savior did two great works in my life. First, he reminded me of the million little ways he had set me up to withstand this and He proved to be with me over and over again. Also, He healed my baby. It was scary but Dawson came home! Not only did he come home but he has had no problems.

So, not to be a drag a year later. I love my boy. I love the way he follows me through the house saying, "mama ma ma." I love the way he mimics people, pretending to brush his teeth or my hair. I love the way he runs his fingers over the patches in touchy feel books. I love that he is 27 pounds! I love that he roars and tackles his brother. I love how he runs to his snack table when I put something on it. I love how he sits on his riding toys and lets me push him around. I love how he runs to Bob and clings to his leg as soon as he comes home. I love how he tries to dive head first into the tub when I start the water. I am ever thankful for my boy Dawson Curtis.
Thank you Lord for a wonderful year. Please continue to bless this little boy. Draw him near to you and cause him to one day know the depth of your love!


No comments:

Post a Comment