Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Last Hurrah!

I know I am so behind on blogging but life has me busy and loving every minute. A couple of posts ago, I told you that we went to North Carolina on vacation. What I didn't tell you is that those dates were picked back in April. Why so far out? Well, we have some really awesome friends and with those friends we've went to some really awesome concerts, two of which were The David Crowder Band. There is nothing I love more than worshiping with my very bestest
friends! So when Jeff found out that this was their last tour and that they would be in North Carolina he booked tickets. What a swell guy, eh?

Us in 2007 waiting for the David Crowder Concert

Us in 2011.

Here is the David Crowder concert in November of 2007. We got meet and greet passes because Holly and I went on banged on the bus and she told the sob story of how Jeff is in the military and never able to go to concerts and yada! True but so funny!

Let's give you some background on our dear friends--the Jolly's--Jeff and Holly. We have been through a lot together. Jeff's many deployments, marriage issues (on both sides), the birth of our first child, a move, changes in occupation, birthdays, holidays, teenagers and through it all our relationship has been rooted in Christ. We've never had a relationship quite like it. We have hit concerts, movies, dinners, and a military ball. We got to see Jeff retire from the military. It's been such an amazing ride. And in the summer of 2010, when we discovered we were moving, they chose to drive across country and help.Truly amazing friends!


Next, we come to the Skolozynski's-- Emily and Jeremy. Late nights of Catan, early morning coffee, late night false labors and questions! We had Panera runs and photo sesssions, sunni skies and park dates. We watched their kids turn from babies to kids. Emily and Jeremy both played in the kid's worship band with me! We were in the same Sunday school. So many awesome memories and once again a relationship rooted in Christ.

So, on Tuesday at noon, we packed up for a 3 hour drive to Charlotte to go to a concert. There were laughs and loud singing. Sore backs (after four hours of standing) and lifted spirits (after 4 hours of worship). One of the highlights had to be when the Cellist for Gungor broke out beat boxing! It was A-MAZ-ING! That and I have to say the bluegrass section of David Crowder's set. Go Tell it on the Mountain is my absolute favorite. I begged Bob to do it every Christmas. (Yep, Pastor Ken, that was me!) The whole night was so great!

The Jolly Bautumns! Back together again!

Holly, Emily and I. Can you believe Emily is 30 weeks pregnant here? Yeah me either.

Me and Em!

Bob and Jeremy

I know this post told you next to nothing about the concert. Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment