Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Mad Science!

Last week, we returned from North Carolina to discover two boxes had arrived from Discovery Toys. I had a party a few weeks back. When I opened them I was thrilled to see PACKING
PEANUTS! WOOHOO! While perusing pinterest, I came across a blog where I woman did a couple science experiments and a bit of art using them not to mention they become an amazing sensory experience.

We drug them out this morning during Dawson's nap to try it out. I started by talking to Ollie about hypothesis. He was already familiar with that word since Buddy from Dinosaur train says it at least once every episode. I asked him to create a hypothesis about what the packing peanuts would do in water. Here is what I wrote on the white board:


Hypothesis: I think the packing peanuts will stay dry in water.

Then we started putting them into the water.


Then we stirred them up.


And we touched them.

And we discovered that they do not stay dry, they dissolve!
Even Bullseye and Woody had fun!




1 comment:

  1. I love everything about you Autumn. You're an amazing momma!

    ReplyDelete