Monday, November 7, 2011

A Plane!


We just got back from a wonderful trip to North Carolina. For those of you who don't know, we just moved to Iowa from North Carolina about a year and a half ago after living there for 7 years. We were a bit homesick for our old friends so we planned this trip. There is so much to tell you about so I think I will have to do a few posts.


Ollie was super excited to ride on the plane. And as excited as we were, we were a bit
apprehensive to take two small children on a plane especially one that took off at 6 am! Dawson was up at 4 and Ollie at 4:30 to make it to the airport. They were so excited that neither of them fell back asleep! I think Ollie asked for 10 granola bars. Anyway, the boys played beautifully together and they both did great. We had a connection in Atlanta.

When we reached Atlanta, we refueled with some coffee and a really expensive fruit cup for the boys. My goodness! Highway robbery! We loaded our next plane and heard those dreaded words: We are experiencing some technical difficulties. A mechanic is on his way over to assess the problem. Oh my goodness! You've
got to be kidding me! Two small children. Trapped. On a plane. AHHHHHH. But wait, what's this? We can get up and go out to the jetway if we like. Sure!

So me and the boys trudged to the front and were snagged by the amazing stewardess who let
them into the cockpit. How awesome is that?! After a couple of photos, we headed to the jetway where the pilot raced them. The crew on this flight were amazing. I couldn't believe it. We were
given snacks and water and fun. The flight only ended up about 30 minutes delayed and we were on our way. The flight attendants called Ollie a pirate because that's what it sounded like when he said pilot. They lovingly brought extra snacks and drinks for them. I was so pleased with Delta. I have every intention of sending an email. I should probably do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment