Friday, March 23, 2012

Bapa comes for a visit

Last weekend, my dad came for a visit. It was so wonderful. The boys haven't seen my parents since Christmas. Bapa drove down on Friday. We had a couple very special activities planned. Both Ollie and my dad love all things prehistoric, especially dinosaurs. Bapa came to take him to an Imax movie called "Sea Rex." Lucky for us, this same weekend, an ice age exhibit opened at the zoo.

My dad arrived Friday late morning. We immediately set off for the Science Center. We checked out the exhibits and had a little lunch while we waited for the movie to start. Bapa and Ollie went to "Sea Rex" while Dawson and I went to the Small Wonders exhibit to play. Dawson had a great time. He especially loves the bubbles and the "imprint wall." We played and played. Apparently, Ollie enjoyed the movie so much that he sat through all of the credits until the screen went completely blank at which point my dad finally got up and Ollie decided he should too.

We then headed home so Dawson could nap. While he did that, Bapa and Ollie headed to the park. It was nice to have a little quiet time while they went to play. Later that evening we headed out again to another park. I was so thankful for such nice weather and time to play outside.

Saturday, we got up and got going early so that we could see the new Ice Age exhibit. Ollie was thrilled. Dawson was scared. My dad commented on how they weren't to scale. Lol. The zoo was really busy so we didn't stay too long. We checked out some of the other animals and hit the road home so we could have lunch and send Bapa on his way.







It really was a great weekend and very special for my little guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment