Sunday, March 27, 2011

6 Months old!




I cannot believe that my baby is 6 months old! It has gone by so incredibly fast. He is darling too! He can now roll over front to back and he has rolled back to front but would rather not. He can sit unassisted and has for over a month. He loves the bath and communicates quite well. One night last week, I was undressing Dawson to get him ready for bed. I had planned to skip the bath and just dress him. He gave me this look like, "I'm ready!" and started flopping around on the changing table with excitement. So I said, "Oh! Do you want to take a bath?" He giggled and flopped around some more. He definitely knew what I was saying and was excited that I understood. I need to do better with the baby signs because I think this guy is going to want to use them! He also gets his chest off the ground when on his tummy and can do a plank! Ha!

I still often have muddled emotions over the NICU but I am so thankful he is healthy and home. I fall more in love with this boy every single day. Ollie hugs and kisses him nonstop so much sothat I constantly have to ask him to stop before he hurts him. Dawson loves to watch Ollie. We run around playing dinosaurs and hide n seek. Dawson laughs as we run and when we hide. He has a thing for Ollie's favorite Dinosaur Boris. It is hard to get them to share it. Dawson doesn't seem to like to read much but I think we can work on that!

He tried avocado tonight for the first time and absolutely
loved it. He has already had banana. I am planning to make all his baby food like I did with Ollie.

Tomorrow we head to his 6 month appointment so I will be sure to update you on how big my sweet love is!

No comments:

Post a Comment