Monday, March 14, 2011

Mmmm



M seems to be the sound that Ollie gets and likes. There were so many fun possibilities with M. I had a hard time choosing but unfortunately I didn't have enough time.
The first thing I did was create a peanut butter and jelly Monkey
sandwich. Ollie told me it "did not look like a Monkey.
It looked goofy." Well I tried kid. I tell a he's hard to please. Of course Bob laughed at it too.
will do for her kid.I included a picture so you can all get a good laugh
, too. The things a mom
Ollie spent time gluing macaroni to a construction paper M. This is hard with a glue stick. I think it is time to invest in some good old elmers!
We read a book about Mooses (or Meese?) You'd think I'd know that but I don't sleep so my brain is mush. I traced Ollie's hands to create moose antlers. Then I had Ollie glue the moose face and antlers on to a piece of construction paper. He really thought this
was cool. And since he always wants me to trace his hands.
M is for measure. I had made colored rice. I created a few note cards with "measurements" and gave Ollie a 2 bowls of rice
and a bowl of dried black beans, measuring cups and an empty bowl. The idea was to read the picture cards together and follow the directions. Well, it was all too exciting and Ollie couldn't contain himself. Before I could even tell him what to do the bowl
s were dumped together. Cool idea, hard for a 2 year old.
Finally, we have been learning a Bible verse per week. I am pleasantly surprised by how good he is at memorizing them. I guess that shows the power of God's word. His verse was Genesis 1:1 God made the heavens and the earth. Ollie created a picture of heaven with glitter glue. He also created an "earth" out of construction paper. I read from the Bible while he worked. He really enjoyed this and so did I!



No comments:

Post a Comment