Thursday, March 10, 2011

L is for Love...



I am several weeks behind. My wonderful children have decided to gang up on me and not sleep again. Urgh. It seems that I get one down and another gets up. I am ex-haust-ed. My arms and legs actually feel tingly. It sucks. Anyway, let's give this a go and see if I can form coherent sentences.

The letter L was a fun one because we worked on it on the week of valentine's day. He helped me prepare for our Valentine's Day party by gluing Ls to our sign. He also created an L collage one day.

My favorite was the lion we made using a toilet paper tube, some construction paper and yellow yarn. We read a lion book first and then I had him put the pieces together. He was so funny. When it was done, he said, "That looks goofy mommy. I want to make one like this," and pointed to the lion puppet we checked out from the library. Geez kid! You are only two; give yourself a break! LOL
We also made a "letter" bottle. A friend of mine pointed out this activity. I
bought the beads at walmart. It seemed the hardest thing to get a hold of was the darn bottle. He really enjoyed this activity. Pouring the beads into the bottle however was quite the challenge. He doesn't like to wait for things and went ahead and tried to pour them in without me. oops. I also let him pick a
color to dye the water.



No comments:

Post a Comment