Sunday, March 20, 2011

N is for NEIGHBORS!

This week we focused on the letter N. I know there are a thousand things we could do with N but we did just three! Three activities a week are about what I can handle at this point. For the first day, we did the standard N stickers on a construction paper N. It's easy and gives us a chance to talk about the letter without me having to do a lot of hands-on craft help. And really, we doesn't love stickers?

Each week, we have been learning a Bible verse. This week was Matthew22:39 Love your
neighbor as yourself. Ollie and I made some Ciabatta bread together. I also had him decorate red hearts with stickers and markers. We wrapped up the bread and taped the hearts on them with the verse. Ollie and I then delivered the bread to a couple of our neighbors. He really enjoyed doing this and I believe he felt proud of himself.

The final thing we did was create a number chart. I made a chart and placed each number 1-8. Ollie chose stickers and we counted them. He placed the correct number of stickers under each
number. He lost interest at number 4! ha!Anyway, we are enduring a little sleep training at the moment. Dawson has done marvelously well. Ollie, on the other hand, urgh

.

1 comment: