Saturday, February 19, 2011

K!



We love our "school time." It's a chance for me to use my teaching skills, a chance for Ollie to use his fine motor skills and his cognitive development and a chance for us to bond. It seems that we have
less and less one-on-one time as Dawson grows. This poses new
challenges as we continue to redefine our day and our schedule. Right now, three activities a week is about what we can fit in!

This week, I started by having Ollie create a K. I used chalk to draw a
white K on black paper. I then gave him strips of green paper and asked him to create a K by gluing them on to my lines. He did fantastic. After we did this, I a
sked him to go get that letter off the fridge and he did! Such a smart boy!

We are library lurkers and I try to get books that will go along with our letter of the week. Last week, I checked out a book about kangaroos. I then cut out a body, head, pouch, arms and a joey. I had ollie put it together. I love
the way he always puts arms on in a funny way. I think his favorite part was putting the pouch on and sticking the joey inside. I thought that was pretty cool too!

Finally, I made Ollie a kite lunch. One kite was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich cut into triangles and placed diagonally on a plate. I also took a stack of wheat crackers and a slice of
cheese. I used green pepper strips to make the kite on the cheese. I took red grapes and cut them in half and used them to create a string for each of the kites. I thought it turned out pretty darn cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment