Friday, February 11, 2011

Learning about J



J was a fun letter. Of course, I generally think all of the letters are fun. To start the week, I had ollie paint on some wax paper. Then, he smashed the paint with another sheet of wax paper. When it dried, Bob cut it into a J.
Next, Ollie and I created a jellyfish. We used a clear plastic cup, red saran wrap, white yarn and some orange ribbon. He decided that we simply must create our masterpiece inside his
tent. although it makes me slightly claustrophobic, I complied. He is learning to use scissors so he
cut all of the ribbon and yarn pieces. I cut the saran wrap. Next, I used a hole punch to make several holes around the rim of the glass. I took 1 piece of ribbon, 1 piece of yarn and 1 piece of
saran and threaded through each hole. Ollie stapled them down. He applied sticker eyes and then when put a piece of yarn through the top so we could hang it. Afterwards, Ollie and I watched some youtube videos about Jelly Fish. They are so pretty and intriguing.

Our final project was about JESUS! We first read the Bible story about
Jesus feeding 5000 with 2 fish and five loaves of bread. Ollie used our slider cutter deal to make 6 strips of brown paper. I
helped him weave
them into a basket. We put a plain sheet of construction paper on the back and glued only the edges so we could open the basket. We then added a handle. I cut out 2 fish and 3 loaves of bread. We talked about how Jesus did a miracle by using so little food to feed so many. We counted our items and placed them into the basket.


No comments:

Post a Comment