Thursday, February 10, 2011

I like I

So I am a bit behind as always. A couple of weeks ago we did the letter I. We did fun activities with this last time. You can see the old ones here and here. As for this go round, we started by simply coloring a big I. Nothing real exciting but he saw the letter, we talked about it and it was exposure.

The next activity is super cool. I wish I could take credit for it, but I read it in a Toddler Busy Book a while back. I have been dying to try it. I made ice in the primary colors- red, blue and yellow. Then, Ollie and I put two colors into different bags and watched them melt! We saw red and blue make purple, yellow and blue make green and red and yellow make orange. I recommend putting two of the lighter color in with one of the darker. Otherwise the color is really dark!



Finally, we learned about Iowa. It was funny really. I was thinking and thinking "What could we do more with the letter I?" Duh. I live in Iowa! Haha. We colored a US map and an Iowa map. We discussed where we live--our country, state and city. I hope to be teaching him our address soon but I need him to be old enough to understand when that is ok information to share and when it is not. I am a bit paranoid.


1 comment:

  1. Love the ice cube idea! Might have to steal that one as well. Don't worry though, the Iowa lesson is safe with you ;)

    ReplyDelete