Saturday, February 19, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

On Wednesday, Ollie, Dawson and I hosted a Valentine's Day party. Six moms, ten kids and 4 babies came to celebrate love. Our theme was straight from the Bible 1 John 4:19 "We love because he first loved us."

We started the party with a heart craft from Family fun magazine. I LOVE LOVE LOVE family fun. I find more recipes, crafts and
games from there than anywhere. The craft was a bit messy but the kids (more like the moms) really enjoyed it. While doing that, some of the other kids played a bean bag toss game. I simply cut 3 hearts of different sizes from red tag board and used got out two bean bags from the kids to

toss on them. At two, learning to take turn was the hardest part.

We then sat in a circle and sang a song from Wee Worship:
We love (clap clap) because he first loved us.
We love (clap clap) because he first loved us.
We love (clap clap) We love (clap clap) We love (clap clap)
because he first (clap) loved (clap) us (clap clap)

Thankfully a few of the other moms (one of which is a former band teacher) were there to help me with the tune! After that we did an old high school cheer. I had the kids in two groups. We took turns shouting :
We love Jesus yes we do, we love Jesus how about you!

The whole taking turns thing didn't work out so well so we just shouted it together. After our loud time, we decided it was time to pass out our Valentines. I love valentines. I think they are so much fun! Ollie had 3-d hologram dinosaur ones. These proved to be a big hit. He, however, chose to keep the t-rexes for himself. (sigh)

We then let the kids run around like mad while we got stuff set up for lunch. I have the best group of friends. They all pitched in and we had a great spread. We had heart shaped PB&Js, a veggie tray with dip, fruit salad, lettuce salad, chips and sandwich fixings for the ladies.

Before we ate, we prayed and thanked God for loving us first and for displaying that love through his wonderful son Jesus Christ who came to the world to take each of our places on the cross. Thank you Jesus for loving me and for always being my valentine.

I am very sorry for the few pictures. I had it in my head I was going to do better this time. It makes be sad blogging when I could have posted great pictures! Oops

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fun, Tyler misses Ollie by the way. She mentions it all the time.

    ReplyDelete