Saturday, December 3, 2011

It's Christmas Time!


Today, we did our annual Christmas tree setup. I love love love family days like this. When the boys got up, they found a wrapped gift. Every year, I wrap our fisher price nativity set for them to open. Once it's open, we read the Christmas story from their Bible. Ollie was so excited to see a gift when he got up! To him it was as if he had never seen it. I am sure eventually they will be like, "Do we really have to open this again Mom?" Bob and I laughed about how they may dread this day as they get older. I said I'd bribe them with yummy treats. Bob said they could chose to willing participate and have cookies or get beat (lol). This is important to your mother darn it! So you will participate and you
will at least act like you like it! I hope they always enjoy it. We shall see. I may have to buff up my cookie recipes or just with hold them until special days like
this!

Yesterday, Ollie and I made the dough for our cut-out cookies. It was a lot of fun but what a mess. I am loving that he is suddenly so interested in cooking. I just have to breathe and tell myself "The mess doesn't matter. The amount of time this takes does not matter. What matters is engaging him." So messes we made. I
even let them both loose with the sprinkles. A brave woman I know! We baked while Bob played a few Christmas songs and set up the tree.

Once the lights were on, the boys and I got to work. Ollie is at the perfect age for this. Every ornament he took out, he was like "Woah! Mom! Look at this one!" or "What's this one from mom?"
Some of our ornaments were from when I was a kid. Some he made. Some I made for the boys or other people made or bought just for them. It was really fun to talk about. Dawson enjoyed taking them off the tree and sucking on them. He also really loves berries so anything that remotely resembled berries ended up in his mouth. Gross! It's a good thing he is so stinkin' cute!


We had such a marvelous day. I believe we made about 8 dozen cookies and 2 loaves of bread. Fun times! Our tree is up and we enjoyed each other. I am so unbelievably blessed to have two beautiful, healthy boys and one amazing husband! Merry Christmas!





1 comment:

  1. We had so much fun at the Science Center, Thanks!! We set up our tree yesterday. And shortly there after Kaleb discovered the outlet the lights are plugged into(the only plus he can get to that aren't child safed) and was trying to plug them in when they were unplugged(there's no switch) I hated to do it but I had to give him a pretty good spanking and a good talking too:(

    ReplyDelete