Sunday, December 18, 2011

Yeah Right!

I had a plan. We were going to make cross ornaments to give our neighbors with a Bible verse attached. It was going to be great. Dawson was going to have a great sensory experience decorating and painting something 3 dimensional.  And Ollie was going to sit and sort them and say, "Oooo. I think Ill paint this one red. This one, I'll paint blue and add silver glitter. And this one Mom, I'd like to add tissue paper." 

Strike 1:
Ollie: "Oh Mom! Why do we have all these airplanes?"



Strike 2:
Ollie: What do you think of my picture?
Me: Oh. I was hoping you would paint the crosses.
Ollie: What are they for?
Me: To put on the tree see?
Ollie: I am going to decorate the paper not the airplanes.
Me: OK

Dawson to was not interested in the "airplanes." He painted the paper and himself. 


Strike 3:
Ollie squeezed out each and every glitter glue tube onto the paper. As soon as he finished one, he squeezed out another and another. All I could do was laugh and ask Bob to come look.


Then, while I walked away to get something to clean up my littlest love, he decided it was time to start flinging paint and waving his paper around. His face, head, hands and arms were covered!

So, we have no ornaments. Oh well. The kids had fun. Bob laughed. All in all, it was a good afternoon!

1 comment:

  1. It is always a fun day at Ms Autumn's house! Praying for some healthy kids!

    ReplyDelete