Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Little Lilah

I have a beautiful, spunky five year old niece named Lilah. She is exactly like her mother. Maybe that's why I like her so much! On Monday, my sister brought Lilah in to the Dr to have some tests run as Lilah had been sick and just wasn't bouncing back. her color was off and she even smelled different. Anyway, the results were not what she anticipated. Jade was told she needed to take Lilah to Sioux Falls Hospital immediately.

Lilah at her 5th birthday party

After arriving, Lilah had some tests run and they discovered that my sweet little niece has acute lymphoblastic leukemia. This is not the news that parents expect to hear about their child. This doesn't happen to my family.
.

Today Lilah started chemo. The outlook at the moment is pretty positive. She should make a full recovery. But the road is hard; she will be extremely sick for the next 6 months and then continue treatment for 3 years. Not the life you hope for your five year old. My heart aches for her. She is such an amazing little girl. Please keep them in your prayers. God is the God of miracles. He can do all things and I believe He will take her through.

Jade plans to create a caring bridge site. I will share that as soon as I get that information.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Autumn, I am so sorry the family, and especially Lilah, must go through this. I'll be praying...but God's purposes and plans will be fulfilled. Always. I miss you and the family!

    ReplyDelete