Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Sleep Solution




Getting Ollie to nap can sometimes be challenging. He will often cry off and on for 45 minutes to sleep for 30 minutes. I have found the sleep solution: a blankie. Ollie has taken to a blue blanket with a dog head on it. I started giving it to him at naps because he liked to snuggle up to it and it calmed him right now. I planned to only let him have it during the day because my paranoia had set in and I was convinced he's suffocate while I was sleeping. Well, two nights ago he bawled hysterically until I gave it to him. Then, he was fast asleep.  I was worried to leave him alone with it, so I snuck in & tried to take it around 10 pm (mind you he'd been asleep for 3 hours!). I took it and walked out.  Not one foot out the door he started wailing! "You have got to be kidding me!?" So I went in and gave it back. He went right back to sleep! I have given in and let him have it. It is so sweet.  

As far as sleep goes, he has been going to bed at 7 pm, getting up to eat at 5 am and then going
back to bed until 7 or 7:30. He is still taking three to five forty minute naps a day.  Occasionally , he will sleep an hour. On Saturday he slept for two! So if you need something to pray for, it's good naps. I would love to move him to two longer naps a day. I can't ask for him to be any better at night. What a good boy!



No comments:

Post a Comment