Thursday, February 5, 2009

Triple Coupon Shopping



As many of you know, I am a crazy coupon shopper. Unfortunately it has gone by the wayside since Oliver has been born. So when I found out triples were this week, I got a bit anxious.  I had stacks of unclipped coupon inserts and my binder was a mess. Ollie helped me get it cleared out and refilled. I finished (without Oliver) at 7 O'clock on Thursday morning. Oliver got up, ate his breakfast, played a bit and then we were off! 

We started at the Harris Teeter in Fuquay. We
were quick. I have a method of picking coupons, placing them in an envelope and listing the products on the outside. Since you can only use 20 coupons per trip, I only have to pick up 20 items. We were in and out in 15 minutes. I got to see my favorite cashier, Christine. Yay! Ollie slept through this store. 

Next, we drove to the store on Holly Springs road. It's about 15 minutes from Fuquay. There we found more items on our list. Including baby wipes. Those made my bill much more expensive. 



Ollie woke up on our way out of the store. Luckily, he wasn't too fussy so we made our way to our final destination.  It's about 10 minutes from there. I nursed him in the parking lot and hooked him in the carrier. Off we went.  This store was much more tedious because I did all of our regular grocery shopping as well (our bill was much bigger too!). 

The picture below shows my first shop. I spent 11.47 & saved 46.70. That's a savings of about 80%. In total (remember I had to do all of my regular shopping as well- produce, meat, cheese, milk, etc.), I spent 199.18 & saved 155.21. That's about 44 %. Not great if it were all coupon stuff but not bad considering I didn't have coupons for a lot of it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment