Friday, January 7, 2011

Christmas

Yes. I am finally putting up our Christmas video. Yes. I already know my picture on my blog is jacked up and hopefully someday my dear sweet hubby will fix it for me!

Anyway, Christmas is a wonderful time of year. It's wonderful in so many ways--time with family, baking, decorating, gifts, songs, smells but most importantly it is about the birth of our Savior. That is why Christmas is important to us. We give gifts because God sent us the best gift of all, his son, Jesus Christ. Because of our sin, we deserve punishment but because of God's great love for us, he sent a redeemer. Someone who took our punishment so that we could live. That baby born to Joseph and Mary is more than just an average baby. He is the light of the world. He grew up a perfect and sinless man and then took all of our (yours and mine) sin upon himself and died on the cross. Because of that sacrifice, we can live eternally. Without it, we would be damned. The Bible states that "If we confess with our mouths, 'Jesus is Lord' and believe in our hearts that God raised him from the dead, we will be saved." It's as simple as that people. Believe that you need a Savior and that Jesus is it. So if you haven't made Jesus your Lord and Savior, I beg you to today. It'll change your life forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment