Sunday, January 16, 2011

So just how do black cupboards look?

FANTASTIC! Two weekends and one work week later we have completed our project. It was not easy but it was so worth the work. Our house was built in 1959 and doesn't seem to have had many updates since. One of the things that was really needing updating was our cabinets. They were 60's blonde with gold handles- yuck!

Our project began on Friday. I emptied all of the cabinets into tubs. The tubs were stuck in our dining room--thoroughly obnoxious. Then, I got the awesome (note the sarcasm here) job of peeling off contact paper that was applied in 1960. Now being there are about a bizillion cabinets and drawers, I spent over 4 hours peeling. Lucky for us, Ollie bear had gone to stay with my mother-in-law. My fingers hurt and I was wiped. We stopped working at 2 am. At 4 am, my other little love bug, Dawson, got up to nurse. (sigh) Bob was up for the day at 6. I slept till 7:30.

We spent a ton of time taping and covering surfaces with paper because his Dad brought the sprayer over. Oh and did I mention Bob removed 25 doors and 7 drawers to be painted. Yes. This is one time where lots of cabinets is not optimal.

None-the-less, it is finished! Things are put away and it looks fantastic! Now I just need to save up for my granite countertops and stainless steel appliances..oh and my maple hardwood floor...and my island.

2 comments: