Sunday, April 3, 2011

Blessings


I just got back from a trip. A wonderful trip that dreams are made of? Did I go to Paris? Rome? Bangkok perhaps? No. I went to Trimont.

"Trimont? you may say. "Why, I've never heard of it."

No. You may not have. But it really is a wonderful place. I love it there. It's where my mom and dad live. On Tuesday night, I decided that Ollie, Dawson and I would take our first trip there without Bob. So on Wednesday night, we packed
the car and me and my boys headed north. The trip there was uneventful. I pulled out of my driveway
around 6:25 and both boys were sound asleep by 6:45. Ah. Peace!

I pulled up to my "home" at 9:45. Dad helped me unload and then I spent the next 4 days
relaxing a hanging out with my family. I don't take this time for granted. I spent the last 7 years of my life away from these people and now I must take in every. single. moment. I sit back and watch my mom snuggle with Ollie and Dawson. I watch my Dad read Ollie book thick books on dinosaurs and animals. I watch my mom play car and read The Cat in the Hat. I watch my Dad chase Ollie around the house or dance with Dawson. I watch
my two gorgeous nieces play with Ollie and Dawson and my sister hug and kiss my boys. I watch my Grandpa hold them and read to Ollie. And every moment is a blessing. It fills me with joy and makes me feel like I could explode at any moment. You just never know when this could end so I am not going to take it for granted. I am going to soak up this radiance that comes from the love of my family. I am going to enjoy every moment. I really love my family! They are the best!




No comments:

Post a Comment