Sunday, April 3, 2011

P is for PIZZA!


Yum! P was a fun letter. Once again P has lots of possibilities. We did a lot of things this week. Whew! We started the week with popcorn and the letter P. I popped some popcorn and handed him a glue stick and a construction paper P. Most of the popcorn landed in his sweet little mouth but that's ok and few got onto the P.

Next we made a peacock. I found a really neat feather deal at our local Hobby Lobby. Originally
I was going to have himmake a 2-dimensional peacock on a piece of
construction paper but then I remembered the oodles of egg cartons I had. So, my 2-d peacock became a 3-d peacock that slightly resembles a turkey. He still goes to the window sill and picks it up and wanders around with it. I think it turned out pretty cool.

Our next project was to make playdoh. Ollie loves to measure and
pour and stir so he did a fabulous job mixing it together. He kept
telling me he wanted brown playdoh. Weird, but ok I guess. This worked out pretty well considering he wanted to put every color into the mix. I then put it on the stove and walked away. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. It turned out ok. Green and lumpy but Ollie still loved it.



This weeks Bible verse came from Psalm 63:4, I will praise you as long as I live. Ollie and I
traced and cut out his sweet little hands and pasted them on a paper in praise position! I pray
that he does praise God as long as he lives. Because He is worthy of our praise.



Finally, our grande finale was da..da..da..a PIZZA! I made a crust and had Ollie help put on
cheese and pepperoni. I love how he just dumped the entire bag of cheese on the center and then
began to pick it up and shove it into his mouth. Most of the pepperonis he took out of the container also landed in his mouth. It was adorable.

It seems that something has clicked with Ollie. He can suddenly identify many of the letters and their sounds. Maybe he knew them the whole time. I don't know but it is nice to see some fruit for our effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment