Monday, April 11, 2011

Q- An O with a line in it!


Q posed a few challenges. Like "What in the world do we do for Q?" and "How do you think we make a quetzal?"When the week poses extra challenges, I look outside my messy brain and to more clear directions and templates! Check out DLTK's site. Ollie liked Q though because it's an O with a line through it.

So we started this week bymaking a Q into a quarterback. I
don't think Ollie really got it. The placement of the pieces did not really look like what the picture looked like but then
again does anything a two year old does look like what the rest of the world would deem as correct?


We also used a template to make a quetzal. I think his quetzal is kinda cute with the
disconnected legs and upside down wing. I think he likes his head in the center of his chest. Ollie has known what a quetzal was for a really long time. I think before he was 2. Because before he was a dinosaur maniac, he was animal crazy.

Our Bible verse this week was Luke 19:40, "I tell you," he replied. "If they keep quiet, the stones will cry out." Ollie is a memory
verse whiz kid. He has several memorized and it is amazing. I promise I will video tape him saying them...if he will cooperate! Anyway, he glued construction paper stones to a piece of paper gave them eyes and speech bubbles that said things like, "God rocks."

Finally we made a "quilt." Ollie and I used my slicer dealy to cut squares and triangles. He then glued them to paper.


Looking back on this week, I can see why today he did not want to do any gluing. The entire week was gluing. Poor kid. I promise R will be more fun buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment