Monday, April 18, 2011

Happy Birthday to the Love of My Life!



Today, my love turns 31. We have known each other for 10 1/2 years, been together for 9 1/2 of those and been married for almost 7. He is a wonderful man and I am richly blessed. Here are the top ten reasons I am glad I married him! Ok so I confess, I started this post yesterday but alas it is now the day after his birthday. I was busy making him his birthday dinner. He requested Orange Chicken and Triple Chocolate mousse cake. Both are fabulous but the cake takes a lot of time. Not to mention my littlest Gray decided to wake every hour and a half the night before so I took advantage of the fact that Nana had Ollie and I took a nap! This put me completely behind but it was amazing.

10. He likes my food but he can't cook. Bob loves to eat and says I am the best cook he knows. This suits me because I love to cook and I really don't like to share my kitchen (at least not on a regular basis).

9. He is very good with finances. Bob is a marvelous money manager. The first two years of marriage we paid off 35,000 in debt. We then saved a lot of money for a car and emergency savings. Because of this, I am able to stay home full time and we were able to sell our house and move without having a job lined up here.

8. He is driven. Bob taught himself to play guitar. He talk himself coldfusion, javascript, PHP. Yes. Some of you have no idea what I am talking about. When he puts his mind to something, he does it. He can learn things that most of us need someone to teach us. I think he is pretty dang smart.

7. He is a talented carpenter.He has made us a cherry sleigh bed, a beautiful book shelf and a desk. It helps that his father is a talented carpenter too!

6. He has a great sense of humor. He is constantly making me laugh. We have all kinds of inside jokes. Often the jokes are similar to middle school students but hey we have fun!

5. He's a sexy guy! I think my husband is absolutely the sexiest man on earth and I know some of you are rolling your eyes but really would I have married him if I didn't think so?

4. He is awesome on guitar and a great. I love when Bob sings and plays guitar. He taught himself in college after attending a Dave Matthews band concert. He has since written several songs, taught guitar lessons and lead praise and worship at our church in NC. I always feel like God knows who to match with who because I think there is nothing sexier than a man to plays guitars and sings songs about Jesus unashamedly.

3. He is a fabulous father. Bob loves his kids. He wants to be the very best father he can be. He is playful and loving!

2. He is an excellent husband. Bob is a very caring man. He cares what I think and what I feel. He wants me to do what my heart desires. I've never met anyone like him. He is there for me when I need him. He reassures me and helps ease my anxiety. I always tell him I am glad I married him and I am 100% of the time!

1. He loves Jesus! There is no better quality in a husband than a heart for the Lord. Bob loves the Lord and strives to please him. Being humble before the Lord makes Bob an incredible guy! So as you can see I LOVE MY HUSBAND! I am very blessed. I love you Bob! Happy 31st birthday even if it is a day late!

No comments:

Post a Comment