Monday, October 3, 2011

A Bouncing Bash!



Dawson had his very first birthday party on Saturday and I have to say it was a ball! His favorite thing in the world (other than his mother) is balls! So I made sure he had a round party. I had Bob design the invitation. I am very happy with how they turned out. I then made a sign to match it to hang at the party. Decorations were few but I did include balls in a bowl and balloons. Dawson also had on his special birthday shirt. Isn't he
handsome?

Activities included a "ball pit" in our kiddie pool, popcorn with the parachute and painting with balls. I have done the painting with balls activity before. It was not, however, with so many kiddos. Some of the kids loved to throw the balls covered in paint and others hated it and ran in fear! Ha! The parachute got a bit crazy. Many kids tugging and yelling but I think they all enjoyed it. I ordered some nicer balls off of oriental trading. The kids each got to take one of the balls home.

We served an array of round foods. I made homemade meatballs. I decided to skip and sauces so
that people could choose what they'd like. I set out ketchup, BBQ sauce, marina, and honey mustard. They were a hit! I also made a Fresh mozzarella ball salad, and a melon ball salad. I cut carrots
and cucumbers the round way. We also had rolls.

Instead of a cake, I decided to make cake pops. They were super cute but a ginormous pain in my rear. I will say they are delicious. I may make them again although probably not such a large quantity. I made some funfetti with vanilla coating and some chocolate on chocolate. I say chocolate all the way. Dawson loved it!


All in all, I thought his party was simply adorable. He enjoyed watching the other kids open his presents. He loved the food and the family and the fun!



1 comment:

  1. you seriously have to tell me how you find time for all your creative stuff!!! I'm in aw of your skills. Looks like a wonderful time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete